Thursday, May 22, 2008

Refreshing Raspberry Cooler


Weather being extremely unpredictable here.... one day we have extreme hot noon with temperature above 80 all the day, the other day its raining all over the day with 48-55 F temp all day around. Even what i see on weather channels is turning out to be incorrect :( . And I keep on switching on from chilling juices to piping hot soups...
ha ha ha....

On one such hot day ,I thought to treat myself with some nice cooling drink. Thinking on what to make I noticed I had some Raspberries in the fridge. Now a days I keep bringing mint from store every time I do grocery , just the presence of it makes me feel refreshing :). I took a spring of it ,

In a mixture bowl crushed raspberries , mint leaves and a tsp lemon juice with little bit sugar adding a glass of cool water. Strained it in a jug and after keeping it in fridge for another half an hour I had the most refreshing drink ever to enjoy this summer that summer day :D.

I enjoyed one glass of it, and kept another for D to welcome him with :).

Now the final stage is of naming it. Any ideas on what to call this colorful drink ?

Well , just for time being I call it Refreshing Raspberry Cooler. As that came straight from my heart after finishing it all in a single gulp :)) .

As Dee- a berry lover, is hosting AFAM-Raspberries this month, this is off to Dee to be a part of this lovely event :) .

15 comments:

Cham said...

Sounds cool and refreshing one Pooja!

Sangeeth said...

very refreshing and very well taken pic.

TBC said...

That's a nice drink any day! Who cares about the weather!:D

Uma said...

that's so refreshing, Pooja! Lovely color.

TNL said...

mast che..color paan saras che. ;)

Unknown said...

Really refreshing one Pooja

Rachel said...

Love the colour

FH said...

Just looking at those Raspberries makes me happy! Good one Pooja, enjoy your weekend. Hugs!:)

notyet100 said...

hi pooja,..delicious entry for the event...

Siri said...

Raspberry cooler mast che Pooja!..;) and I think the name is very apt..

Siri

Arundathi said...

sigh - need one right away in chennai!

ranji said...

soo cool and refreshing ..such an appealing color too..looks delicious..

Pooja said...

Thank you all for appreciating my idea of making this drink .The idea of making this was originated when i saw raspberries in mint leaves in a corner of my fridge one afternoon, Well, its worth trying on hot summer day:D.

Dee said...

wow Pooja, looks lovely!! and yes , I am a true berry lover!!! they are on my cant do without list!! Thanks for participating!

Dershana said...

Lovely pictures, pooja. Will try the recipe and let you know how it turned out...