Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Carrot Halwa -entry for Monthly Mingle



Ingredients:
500 gms carrot shredded,
2 cups milk,
1 cup fresh cream,
Sugar ½ cup or upto taste.
Cardamon powder ,
Raisins .
3-4 tsp ghee.

Method:
Wash and peel the carrot thoroughly and shred it.
In a big pan add ghee and place it on heat, when it is little hot add shredded carrot to it and cook it on high flame stirring continuously . this will burn the water part from shredded carrot and it will turn little more dark in its color. When it is cooked this way, add milk to it and let it again cook on high flame until milk turns in to thick , add sugar, fresh cream and soaked raisin to it and let it cook until all the water part from milk evaporates and it makes small white particles of cream there. Consider it cooked when it is thick enough and all things are mixed well with shredded carrot. Add caramon powder and mix well, turn of the heat and serve it either hot or cold. Tastes best in both ways.
As Me and hubby both don’t like much sweet items , this is a rare case in our home that we make anything sweet like this for us. Since Meeta announced to make something sweet for this month’s monthly mingle, I thought to make this from the fresh carrot available in the market here. And I think was a good idea indeed. Once it turn cool I store it in a air tight jar in refrigerator and hubby like to have just 1-2 spoons of it as desert for him . : )

7 comments:

Deepak Gopi said...

I like carrot halva very much

FH said...

Yummy! I love the taste of warm Carrot Halwa.Looks great.I also liked the coriander snack you made for T's event.Looks great!
Pooja,make a logo for VOTW,a pretty one!:))

USHA said...

Hi Pooja,

I liked the snack you made for TRs event,i never heard of it...

I need to try carrot halwa,though i tried even beetroot and other...let me try this once..

By the way, nice entry for Trupti's and Meeta's event..

Pooja said...

Deepak Gopi,
thanks for drpping by here.
Asha,
thanks for your encouraging words dear ! i always mean a lot to me :) . I just posted one dish on main blog too!
I am glad that you liked coriander stars, it tastes really too nice, try it sometime. I have a logo with me , will post it tomorrow.
thanks.

Usha,
so nice of you dear . got your entry for theme of the week. thanks for that too.

try carrot halwa m this is the only i made ,as i rarely made sweets at home, easy and nice in taste too . thanks

Seema Bhat said...

Carrot halwa cut out in hearts look adorable Pooja

TNL said...

Lovely hearts!!!

Su mast color che, Pooja.

Anonymous said...

Thats a nice way of presenting Gajar ka halwa!!! :)