Friday, March 14, 2008

Potatoes in Yogurt Sauce

A quick spicy dish for yogurt lover Sia for her event Ode to potatoes .

Ingredients:
4-5 small potatoes boiled.
1 cup yogurt.
2 tsp oil .
1/2 tsp kitchen king masala.
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin seeds .
1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
salt to taste
2 tsp cumin- coriander seeds powder.

Recipe:
Remove skin from boiled potatoes and keep it aside.Let it cool then prick the potatoes with a fork . In a separate bowl mix the turmeric powder , salt yogurt and 1 cup water .beat it untill there is no lumps in the mixture. In a pan heat the oil to medium add cumin seeds to it , then carefully place the potatoes into the pan and then pour the yogurt mixture to it , while adding this turn heat to low keep it cooking on low tomedium heat for a while . Add kitchen king Masala and red chillo powder to it . cook it for a while as yougert thickens the oil portion will start floating over the curry . at this stage add cumin coriander powder and little salt if needed.Cover and cook until potatoes become tender and gravy becomes half to original size. Turn off the heat .

This curry need time to get its real taste.As you will keep it aside for 1 hour or so , the potatoes absorbs more of the tastes of gravy and tastes better. I like it better even the next day. This goes well with rice and Paratha.
Thanks Sia for lovely event , Hope you will have fun rounding it up with another plenty of lovely entry. I really enjoyed making this much forgotten dish . What better can be the time of cooking this than for you :)

3 comments:

FH said...

Absolutely delicious Pooja,love the thin gravy!:

Unknown said...

Hi Pooja, loved the recipe:) Yoghurt and Potatoes are my hubby's favorite food, he will be thrilled when i make this:) Hey I loved that profile pic, is that your hand? What a beautiful mehendi ! and the bangles look so good:) The color goeas along with it. I am adding you to my blogroll:)

Pooja said...

Thank you Asha :) . I sometimes cook with litte thick gravy though while eating i love it with this kinda thin gravy more. Knowing Sia's love for Curd, I thought to make this specially for her event :) .

Roopa,
Its the same with me too , I am die hard fan of curd , and hubby is fan of both curd and potatoes :D.
Yeah , that is my hand and the henna designs are also done by me , thanks for your compliments :) .Perhaps you would like to see my main blog , click on profile and go to my creative ideas.
Hope to see you more now :)